Fall Protection – Training Overview
This Fall Protection certification course complies with the CSA Z259 Fall Protection standard and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code (Alberta Reg. 87/2009) in order to meet the requirement for fall protection training.Throughout the course students will be trained on practical knowledge required for safely working at heights.
Students will participate in hands-on equipment and setup exercises, and address safe practices and procedures as specified in Regulations by the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Alberta.
COVID-19: Classroom Practices
As an essential service provider, Worksite Safety will continue to provide classroom-based health and safety training for the foreseeable future. New measures have been implemented to facilitate the safe delivery of training including:
- Class sizes have been reduced to facilitate physical distancing of 2 metres between participants, class size limitations vary based on classroom dimensions
- Classes will begin with an overview of new protective measures including hygiene, sanitization, and distancing.
- Participants will be performing guided equipment training individually without direct contact from other students or instructors.
- Hand washing and sanitization is to be performed between any activities that involve shared surfaces or equipment.
- Symptomatic attendees or will not be permitted.
Following these practices is an essential step in slowing the spread of this pandemic while ensuring that essential services are not interrupted throughout an extended period.
For more information regarding the measures we are taking in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Canada please refer to our update page here.